1. Protection of privacy
In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 concerning the protection of individuals regarding the processing of personal data (General Data Protection Regulations or GDPR), as well as the Law of 8 December 1992 concerning the protection of privacy with regard to processing personal data, the Martin’s Hotels group is responsible for protecting its customers’ privacy.
The Martin’s Hotels group therefore pledges to protect and guarantee the maintenance of confidentiality concerning all your personal data collected via the website, through contact you make with us by e-mail, when making bookings in one or our establishments, or by any other means.
The Martin’s Hotels group is the controller of your personal data, with respect to GDPR.
The Martin’s Hotels group covers both the company Martin’s Hotels SA and its sister companies, Martin’s Brussels SA and Martin’s Brugge SA, all of them based in Belgium or in Europe.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal information collected by the Martin’s Hotels group is the data making it possible to identify you, such as:
- Identity data:
Surname, first name, home address, country of residence, passport/ID card number, nationality, date of birth, mother tongue, vehicle registration number
- Contact details
E-mail address, telephone number
- Payment details
Credit card number, invoicing data
- Booking details
Date and length of stay, place stayed, products and services consumed
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you register on our website
- When you subscribe to our newsletters
- When you make a booking at a Martin’s Hotels group establishment
- When you make contact with us via any means in order to obtain information about our products or services
- When you use direct chat
- When you fill in satisfaction forms after using our services
- When you take part in a competition or promotion
How we use your personal data
The data collected is used to manage our relations with you (bookings, requests for information, invoicing, car park management, etc.) to ensure the best possible service for you.
They also allow us to offer you a wide range of opportunities likely to interest you by personalising our offers.
With your agreement, this information will be used to inform you about promotions, announce new products and allow you to take part in the loyalty programme and our environmental commitment Tomorrow Needs Today, as well as competitions and promotion campaigns.
We also use your data to assess our services and improve our website, products and services to serve you better, particularly through satisfaction surveys.
Some data must be collected and kept due to various legal obligations (accounting and taxation, State security, etc.).
Protection of data concerning children
Only people aged over 16 can give their consent to the use of their data for purposes other than those necessary and legally required for managing a booking in one of our hotels (surname, first name, home address, ID card or passport number).
Below this age, the consent of a parent or legal guardian is necessary for all use of personal data.
Passing on data to third parties
Your personal data is not sold or passed on to companies other than those in the Martin’s Hotels group or direct subcontractors of Martin’s Hotels when this is necessary for carrying out its services properly or for marketing purposes in order to promote our own products and services. Martin’s Hotels pledges to use only processors that respect GDPR.
We will disclose personal information only when this is demanded by law or based on a belief in good faith that such disclosure is necessary or desirable under the terms of the law in order to protect or defend rights or property relating to our hotels, the website or its users.
- Right of information
If you have any questions or concerns, or if you would like more information about the data we process, do not hesitate to send your request to:
Martin's Hotels SA
Avenue du Lac 87
1332 Genval – Belgium
Or by e-mail to email@example.com.
We will answer you within a maximum of 30 days.
- Access to data, rectification and erasure
You have the right to freely access your data at any time, as well as the right to correct, complete, update or delete all or some of your data in our database by connecting to your “Profile” on our website or in our newsletters.
You can also erase or disable your profile by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within 30 days of your request to erase your data, it will be deleted from our database, except for anything we are obliged to keep it for legal or regulatory reasons or for following up a booking that has not yet been closed.
- Right to object and unsubscribe
You may object to the processing of your data for marketing (including profiling) purposes at any time simply by unsubscribing by connecting to "Unsubscribe” in our newsletters or by sending an e-mail email@example.com.
After receiving your request to unsubscribe, we will no longer use your data for marketing processes unless you once again give us your consent when you make a subsequent booking at one of our establishments.
We protect your personal data
Martin’s Hotels does everything it can to ensure the security of the personal data you give us.
All the personal data you give us is stored on secure services accessible only to staff from the Martin’s Hotels group who have the right of access to it and the obligation to keep the information confidential.
- Note: Martin’s Hotels is on social media. When you use buttons linking to social media, do not forget that any information you disclose on social media becomes public. Martin’s Hotels is not responsible for the use social media make of data you disclose there. So please be careful about the personal data you give to anyone in this context.
Amendment to the confidentiality policy
Martin’s Hotels confidentially policy is subject to amendment. If we decided to change the way we collect, use or share your personal data, you will be informed on our Confidentiality Policy page. You will then have the choice of whether to let us collect your information depending on the amendments made, and you can unsubscribe by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with a period of 30 days following the last update of the policy. Otherwise we will consider that you accept the new Confidentiality Policy.
2. Cookie management policy
The configuration of the Martin’s Hotels’ website makes it impossible to collect information from your computer or any other by connection without your involvement. In other words, if you do not voluntarily and deliberately provide us with certain information, we will not know your identity, your e-mail address or other information that identifies you.
What are cookies?
Our website uses technology called “cookies”.
A cookie is a small text file placed and stored in your computer by a website when you visit it. Cookies are very useful, making it possible, among other things, to identify the users of a site, improve their browsing convenience and improve the security of web pages.
These cookies do not look for any personal information about you and they do not provide us with any way of contacting you. Under no circumstances do they extract information from your computer.
By using our website, you are showing your agreement with the use and storage of certain essential cookies on your computer or mobile device. Your authorisation for the installation of non-essential cookies is requested when you open the website.
Which cookies does our website use?
- Cookies required for browsing to allow you to visit the website and to use certain parts of it. In particular, these cookies retain your IP address, which is necessary for internet browsing. An IP address is a number automatically given to your computer at every internet browsing session.
Among other things, these cookies allow:
- Browsing between different sections of the website and going back to previous pages
- Filling in forms
- Recording your language so that content is given to you in the same one when you browse the different pages of the website
We do not link IP addresses to personal data concerning you.
- Operational or technical cookies used to make it easier to analyse the operation of our website and make it more pleasant to use and more personalised.
These cookies are used:
- To personalise services by memorising your preferences (language, device, etc.)
- During the online booking process notably for memorising and processing items in the shopping basket and collect information given in online forms
- taking into account and saving usage preferences for future visits
- keeping a trace of advertising
- Analytical cookies, making it possible to compile aggregate data on our website traffic and interaction with it in order to improve browsing on the website by analysing the number of visits and the time spent on the website.
In particular, the website uses Google Analytics cookies for this purpose.
- Third-party cookies belonging to audiovisual services, social media and advertising accessible on our website. These are cookies such as .livechatinc.com, .doubleclick.net, .facebook.com, .accounts.livechatinc.com, etc.
Your cookie preferences
Most browsers are automatically set up by default to accept cookies.
If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your computer, you may refuse or block the installation of all or some cookies by changing your browser’s parameters. The way in which cookies are enabled and deleted depends on your equipment and your internet browser.
You should know that, in this case, you risk making your browsing more inconvenient and being refused access to certain pages of a website.
Note: blocking the installation of cookies on your computer does not allow you to eliminate all advertising on the websites you visit. Your refusal to accept these cookies will only prevent the personalisation of these advertisements in accordance with your interests, as this is determined based on your internet behaviour.
For more details on the operation of cookies and how to control them, see the site www.youronlinechoices.com.